Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

All five ignitors are clicking when no gas knobs are on. I

All five ignitors are clicking when no gas knobs are on. I had to disconnect the power to the cook top to make it stop. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

The problem here is moisture has got into one of the switches and is causing it to short. The best thing to do here is unplug the unit for 24 hours in order to let the switch dry. You can also pull the knobs off and aim a hairdryer on low heat at the shafts in order to cut down drying time.

If after 24 hours the unit is still sparking then you will need to use a ohm meter to figure out which switch is bad and replace it.

Please remember after "ACCEPTING" you can come back at any time for additional assistance if needed.