Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
51145682

Im not getting anying heat from my gas dryer its a whirlpool

I'm not getting anying heat from my gas dryer its a whirlpool mod lgr6620pq0 ser# XXXXX Iv'e checked the lint screen and vent I repaired and older dryer once could it be thr igniter?

Tim Alan :

Hi my name isXXXXX will try to help you with your issue.

Tim Alan :

Give me a minute to look up your unit, more often than not on whirlpool dryers it's the thermal fuse that blows and that would be the first thing to check.

I will send a diagram that shows the thermal fuse, it is item number 7 on the diagram. This part is located on the back of the dryer, to access remove the back panel and look towards your left, it is mounted on the blower assy. If this is blown, check your vent and also replace item number 9 which is the operating thermostat, to assure that it does not blow again. Check the thermal fuse first, if you have an ohm meter it should ohm out to zero, if not you can jumper it out and see if it heats when jumpered but don't leave it that way. If you need further assistance just let me know. The next thing to check would be the igniter.
graphic