Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

30" Built-in Double Oven Model No. JTP45WA2WW Top Oven does

Customer Question

30" Built-in Double Oven Model No. JTP45WA2WW Top Oven does not heat up but bottom oven works just fine. I would like to know if it is possible for me to trouble shoot the problem myself and if so where to start
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name is Mike, I will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

Do you see any error codes on the clock display?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I do not see any error codes
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Ok the first thing to do is pull the heater out and test it with a ohm meter, If the heater reads open then it should be replaced. Before attempting to pull the heater out shut the breaker off then open the door of the oven, take the screws out and slowly and carefully pull the heater forward. Once out disconnect the terminals from the heater and test it.

If the heater is good then the thermal fuse will have blown, this is located behind the control board in the aperture. Test both fuses with a ohm meter, if one reads open it's bad and will need to be replaced. In some cases the fuses have a small button on top which can be pressed to reset the fuse. In this case there will be no need to replace the fuse.

Please remember after "ACCEPTING" you can come back at any time for additional assistance if needed.