Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I started the washer without turning on the water. I got the

I started the washer without turning on the water. I got the error codes followed the instructions in the troubleshoot section. Unplugged the washer for 2 mins and when I plug it back in I am not getting error codes but the wash time is flashing, the washer is trying to run and the door is locked. Help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

What error codes did you get exactly?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
F and H
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
ok perfect, so that means that water isn't coming in which makes sense because the water was turned off to the washer.

So now it sounds like the control panel is just confused because the error should reset without doing anything. Try to unplug the washer first. There is a drain catch inside the washer that you will want to access and clean if you're getting this drain error.  To access the drain catch, tip the machine backwards and lean it against the wall at a 45 degree angle or so.  Remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel.  The lower front panel will then pull down and off.  There is a 3" diameter plastic twist cap directly under the tub mounted to the floor.  This is your drain cap.  Unscrew the cap and clear any debris inside the drain catch as well as drain out the water slowly as much as you can to make sure there is no water in the washer.

Now, if your door happens to be locked (this happens sometimes with this error), remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel.  The panel will then pull straight down and off.  Once you remove this panel you can reach up behind the upper front panel and pull down on the small plastic pull tab attached to the bottom of the door lock assembly.  This will manually unlock the door so you can open the door.

Plug the washer back in---shut the door and select a cycle to see if you can start the washer again. If it still wont' work, then the interface control board is just confused and unfortunately won't reset so it needs to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Wow you are good when I went back in to do this, the washer had stopped trying to run and I was able to start the program as usual. Good to know for next time though.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
haha, no I'm not that good. Sometimes the control panel just needs a little time for it to get un-confused. So I'm glad you got it working again.