Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore ultra wash model 66513732k601 dishwasher that

I have a Kenmore ultra wash model 66513732k601 dishwasher that has no power at control panel. The fuse checked good. What is the problem? thanks Les
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you're certain that there is power getting to the dishwasher, remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box with the wire connections in it. Turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher before servicing. Remove the cover plate and look at the wire connections to see if any of the wires in the junctions box have shorted out. If they have been shorted or melted, you'll need to cut them back and re-wire them. If you find nothing at all wrong with the connections, then your fuse or control board is just shorted for one reason or another and the fuse or control board inside the door will need to be ordered and replaced. You can't test the control board but you can test the fuse. Now I know you said you check the fuse already, but I'm not sure what fuse you're talking about, so just to make sure we're on the same page, I'm talking about the little plastic clipped on fuse which is mounted to the side of the control board inside the door. If the fuse checks good, then it's time to replace teh control board unfortunately.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure if you got my response because I see you tried to start another question. But is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
were on same page with fuse. how hard to replace control board?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
It's very easy. The part is all plug and play and if you can access the fuse, you can access the control board to replace it. The part number you need to order is W10084142 and costs about $100.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will gladly pay but isnt 30$ alot, hope you dont get in tax bind thanks Les
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
no problem and I wish you the best of luck. Unfortunately the prices aren't something I set. I'm just an expert here to help you, but the values are set before I ever see the question. It's still definitely cheaper than a service call out to your house so it should be well worth it in the end.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.