Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I have a french door samsung refridgerator model RF266AEPN

I have a french door samsung refridgerator model RF266AEPN serial number JJ074GBB900013K. It was newly purchased 9/05/2011. Lately we have begun to notice a louder than normal whirling when we open the bottom freezer for ice. It is in a cramped space. we moved it out and the noise goes away. What gives?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and will use all my training and knowledge to help you so please stay on line with me until we finish ,, thanks

the fridge is only about 8 months old?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I do not see your answer !!
is the fridge is only about 8 months old?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do not see your answer !!

Yes, the refridgerator is only 8 months old?

/where is your answer?????

i have not given a answer yet ,, i need to ask a couple questions first ,,, does the noise get louder when you open the freezer door?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have not noticed that. Just a second and I will check it out....be right back
ok thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry Larry - got confused there for a while. Ijust pushed the fridge back into the space. and tried what you asked. Since I had pulled the fridge out it does not have a problem when I have left it out for awhile. I will have to let it sit for awhile and wait for the problem whirling to occur. I did notice when I opend the freezer door for about 15 seconds then closed it, then tried to reopen it, the door was difficult to open because of a lot of suction going on inside it ?
your having problems with the fan motor and it should be replaced and you need to call samsung or sears and let them come out and replace it, this will not cost you anything because the fridge comes with a full one year all parts and labor warranty so they can come out fix your problem at no charge ,, thanks and have a great day