Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Viking Ice Maker Model #VUIM150. The water does not shut off

Viking Ice Maker Model #VUIM150. The water does not shut off even when the machine is in the off position. The compressor appears to be ok because ice does form on the shelf. What parts may be needed? Also there is an excessive ammount of rust particles draining from the water reservoir. Where can I get a repair manual?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Unfortunately there isn't going to be anywhere you can get a repair manual on a viking machine since all of their training is in-house. We must attend training sessions to learn about their products and they don't make service manuals.

That being said, if water continues to enter the icemaker all the time even when the machine is turned off, it means that your electronic water valve is no longer shutting and sealing the water off. The electronic water valve is under the ice bin so if you remove the lower front panel below the door, you can see the electronic water valve that your water supply hose from your house is connected to. You'll need to replace this valve to fix this issue.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do you have the part # XXXXX this valve and know here I can get one. Also is this something someone with a mechanical apptitude should be able to replace. I am in the HVAC repair business so can order through my company.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
yes, you can definitely replace the part yourself if you're handy, and there is a place that sells all viking parts called who you'll need to call with your model number to order the water valve. Thier number is XXXXX

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your help. I have ordered the part.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
no problem and good luck to you.