Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

My Profile bottom freezer (drawer) is not cooling. It seems

My Profile bottom freezer (drawer) is not cooling. It seems to stay at 61F. My wife stuck a load of plastic bags full of corn in there last night and apparently some of the plastic bags covered the climate keeper intake and it stayed that way all night while we were sleeping.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

Can you open the freezer, take a look at the panel in the rear. Need to know if you see any frost.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A very few chrystals on the rear wall behind the freezer drawer.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok the problem here is likely the defrost system, Pull the drawer out then take the panel out in the rear. Once the panel is out you will see the evaporator (looks like the radiator on a car) The evaporator will be caked in frost/ice. Thaw the ice with a hairdryer then below the evaporator you will see the defrost heater. Use a ohm meter to check the heater, if it reads open then it's bad and will need to be replaced.

If the heater is good (reads continuity) then the sensor is bad, This is located above the evaporator. This will need to be replaced.

Please remember after "ACCEPTING" you can come back at any time for additional assistance if needed.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do I need to unscrew the slides to remove the drawer?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
The slides will either be screwed in or the slides will have tabs that release them from the runners.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is a small access panel in the very back but I don't see how to remove the whole back cover. The slides on the side and the vertical partition separating top above the drawer seem to be in the way. There is one screw in the center top of the rear cover.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Can you give me the model number from the sticker inside the fridge.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
PBS20SBSBRSS
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Can you check the number again one or more number or letters may be wrong, example s may be a 5, B may be a 8
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
PDS20SBSBRSS is correct
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok the panel you need to take out is the one indicated on the schematic below, This will be held in with screws. You may need to unscrew the runners on the side wall to remove the panel.

graphic

Thanks

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.