Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

RA cdc

Customer Question

my frigidaire microwave sometime doesn't work (motor doesn't turn, no microwave radiation, but timer and clock work), but sometimes it does. Is this common and is there a known fix for this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This means that one of your door switches is starting to fail. Unfortunately there are 3 door switches and unless the microwave is acting up you may test the switches and all the switches will test good since it's not happening all the time yet. Either way, below is a video that shows you how to test the door switches so that you can determine which one is faulty. If you don't have a multimeter then just replace once switch at a time.