Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Customer Question

One heating element on my frigidaire stovetop is getting too hot. It super heats no matter where I turn the dial.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker around the frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door.

Does the burner turn off if you turn the burner off? It just overheats when you have it turned on? Which burner on top is it?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It sits in the countertop. Lower right burner ( large one). Yes, it turns off. Model: fec30c4asd
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
OK so that means your infinite switch behind the knob that adjusts the front right burner is starting to fail and will need to be replaced. Below is a link to the part that needs to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue.