Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Whirlpool washer will work fine on heavy cycle but will not

Whirlpool washer will work fine on heavy cycle but will not work on normal
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

What part number did you replace exactly? And what do you mean it works on normal but doesn't work on heavy cycle? What happens exactly when you try to use heavy cycle?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It will work on heavy it works normal on normal it will not spin unless you turn the knob to drain spin feature I dont know the part number it was the main board big and white and cost alot. Lol
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
ok but there are 3 control boards and all of them are over $200, that is why I'm trying to figure out which board you replaced.

But either way, your saying that it will wash with no problem on "Normal", but it just stalls and won't go into spin?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That is correct
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
OK well the only thing that would stop the unit from advancing is one of the control boards, so it sounds like you just replaced the wrong board. I would think the least likely board to cause this problem is the interface control which is the one right behind the control panel that spans from right to left on the front of the washer. I would think that either the motor control board or the CCU would be the part that is faulty but it's really somewhat of a guess as to which one needs to be replaced. That's why it might be a good idea to find out what part was replaced to make it a better decision as to which part you should replace now.