Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

i have a Miele dishwasher G4500 about four months old, and

i have a Miele dishwasher G4500 about four months old, and it keeps stoping mid cycle and the drain/inlet light flashes. I followed the instructions and have cleaned out the little J shaped piece multiple times (there was nothing that i could see clogging it) but to no avail, the problem keeps happening. The machine was moved to my house overseas and is not under warranty unless i bring it back, so i want to try to figure out what is the problem if i can myself before paying a local Miele guy. Ideas of what i should try next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Start a wash cycle and it should drain for about 20 seconds, and then it will fill for a minute or two before it begins to wash. The dishwasher should stop at some point during this time. When it stops, can you open the door and tell me how high the water is compared to the bottom of the filter handle? Also, at what point did the dishwasher stop?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
there is no water visible when it stops aftrer 2 minutes, but i did see it coming in thru the side portal
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
ok so it sounds like possibly your inlet water line has failed if it's not filling up at all. Make sure you have water coming to the fill hose on the dishwasher. If so, then you need to replace the fill hose because it has 2 electronic water valves built into the hose itself that open to allow water into the dishwasher. The hose is about $150-200 if I remember correctly from Miele, so it's not a cheap part.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
some water is coming in, but nothing is collecitng at the bottom of the washer it all is goign down the drain of the washer
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
You'll have to listen to the water coming in. If it continues to come in steady but won't fill up enough that you can see the water, you have a water issue like I said before.

If you hear the water turn on for a few seconds (you'll hear a very light humming at the bottom) and then it stops, and then it starts again and it does this 3 times before stopping, that means that your flow meter isn't detecting that water is coming in even if it is. That would require that you uninstall the dishwasher and remove the right side panel. Then there is a little control board about 1" x 1" clipped into the side of the clear inlet assembly with tiny wires going to it. Sometimes this part comes unclipped and you need to reclip it in the inlet. If not, then the inlet would need to be replaced.