Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

LG fuzzy 10Kg machine is ab.2 1/2 years old...extended 5 year

LG fuzzy 10Kg machine is ab.2 1/2 years old...extended 5 year warranty..but little whistle comes like pantry hinges squealing, at wash cycle..have cleaned pretty much, used a bit of lithium on centre column of agitator below cover washer in centre, but now has reoccured. Warranty poeople say it will not be covered, if its cleaning or otherwise not considered a fault...can I get spec.grese to try feeding into centre
and see if it dissappears?? thanks for your expertise..
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

There isn't a spec grease used, in fact there isn't any grease used. If it's squealing, call out your warranty because this is highly unlikely that this is going to be a "filth" issue causing the squealing. It sound like something is starting to fail.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, we have to go by it..I'm pretty sure their going to try to wriggle out of it and charge a
150$ callout fee...(Horizon warranties)...
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
You can always refuse and kick them out of your house and get a second opinion from another company if they really wanted to push the issue, but I can't see how a build up or grime would cause a squeaking noise when the washer is running.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do you undo this double faced knockout nut that's in the centre of the main shaft mount at the bottom of the drum setup? any experience...thanks again...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This double faced nut obviously needs a special tool to untorque the drive shaft
thrust bearing setup?? and gets you into the area where the grease has puttied up,
because I get a fair bit of flaked grease when running a sock under the drum support disk
..
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
That requires a specialty tool that you get from LG to remove.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Have a good night, take it easy, thanks again.