Appliance Tech Care
Appliance Tech Care, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

Fisher and Paykel washing machine. M#WL37T26DW2. it takes up

Customer Question

Fisher and Paykel washing machine. M#WL37T26DW2. it takes up to 3 hours to wash. No fault code. I ran it through the self diagnostic but everything seemed to be working fine. It doesn't seem to be siphoning either. Best as I can remember the unit has proper ventilation.
regular cycle runs for about 40 mins, Sheets runs about 1 hour and delicates runs 2-3 hours. ran self diagnostic and everything seemed good. help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Care replied 2 years ago.

Appliance Tech Care :

I will be glad to help you with your question today.

Appliance Tech Care :

hi

Customer :

hello

Appliance Tech Care :

standard top loader, correct?

Customer :

Yes sir

Appliance Tech Care :

is the machine filling with water OK?

Appliance Tech Care :

The only thing that would normally cause it to run slow would be excess fill time between loads

Customer :

seems to be. I watched for that and it didn;t seem to be the case

Appliance Tech Care :

can you set it to run ?

Customer :

And the other cycles seem to be running normally. I ran the self diagnostic and was able to test each individual valve.

Customer :

what should the water pressure be like on the detergent dispenser valves?

Customer :

Yeah it operates just fine

Customer :

minus the whole 2-3 hour bit

Appliance Tech Care :

does it just run each cycle long or is there long pauses between each cycle?

Customer :

Not 100 percent on that one. It's not my washer. sorry. My best guess is that it runs each cycle long, but, I could be wrong

Appliance Tech Care :

Kind of hard to help you without you being there. Check to see if the machine fills in a normal amount of time. Take it off auto on the water level and see if that makes a difference. check cold water especially, because the machine will rinse in cold, and if it is coming in slowly it will sit until filled. Check to see where delays come in. I wouldnt think it would just agitate for like 30 min straight. so, time it out and see if we can't get some stats on it.

Appliance Tech Care :

is the drain up high also

Customer :

Ok. I appreciate your help. I'll either get back to you or accept. Thanks

Appliance Tech Care :

ok

Appliance Tech Care :

just come back to your question

Appliance Tech Care :

i'll keep it open for awhile for you

Customer :

yeah. The install was done correctly. It has one of those hooked forms keeping the drain hose in place

Appliance Tech Care :

just as long as the end is higher than the top of the machine

Appliance Tech Care :

this would be a new one for me, i have never heard of this kind of problem

Appliance Tech Care :

wash time should be max 20min on heavy

Appliance Tech Care :

agitate time I mean, not total, manual says like I said variable is fill time between cycles

Customer :

Good ol' F&P. thanks for all this

Appliance Tech Care :

yep, know what you mean LOL