Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

Why dose my fridge ring all the time ? [ has been foe 18 mths

Customer Question

Why dose my fridge ring all the time ? [ has been foe 18 mths and it is level ]
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Is the ringing noise a beeping sound you're hearing? Or is is a subtle tone in the background that you're hearing?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it is a beeping sound .
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.
Is there any error code that is registered in the display?

If so, please let me know what it is.

I can have you check a few things out before the technician gets to you and possibly save you some money.

Please email me back when you are ready to work on this machine.

Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im know expert but the only display i can find is on the back wall { in side } that has three buttons and a gage for hotter or cooler . The fridge is app 7 years old from Myer , It is fridge below and freezer above . If it helps it has the words ACTIVE SMART on the back wall and is 760 wide and 1660 high .
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.
If you open the ref cabinet door and look inside on the wall there should be a sticker with the model and serial numbers on it, could you please let me know what the full model and serial numbers are on your machine?

This way I will look up the diagrams and info for you for your specific machine and help you the best way I can.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok i found it on the inside frame at base of door . Model E521T SERIAL No RAQ 794425 SERIES G I hope this helps .
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.
Great thanks.

Below is a link to the user manual to your machine. If toy don't already have it. Give it a look and and keep for future reference.

There is no LCD display on this model machine. Just the controls in the back of the ref section. And in this unit if there is a fault recognized you will get a beeping or tone and the lights by the controls will flash as well. Those flashes will indicate the fault or error code.

This is and excerpt from the user manual on page 14. Tis will let you know what to look for. But if you are getting a fault it is recommended that you call fisher and paykel to set up service. That doesn't always mean that you have to. Depending gon the fault, this may be able to be fixed by you. And quicklyamd cheaply

Fault alarms
If the electronic controller detects a fault from which it is unable to recover an alarm will sound. When the fresh food compartment door is opened a fault code (specific pattern of lights) will flash red and green on the Control panel to alert you to the fault. The audible alarm will stop when any button is pressed but the lights will remain flashing. If such a fault occurs, call your Fisher & Paykel Appliances Authorized Service Centre immediately; the fault code will help the service person find and remedy the cause of failure.

If this is happening in your machine plea take note of what lights are flashing and email me back here and I will check on the fault for you and see if it is something you can fix or if you will need an authorized f and p service tech to come out and do it for you.

And if you would like to just save time and have a service tech come out to you and take of it anyway, please email me back here with the state and county to which you live in and I will either recommend an authorized f and p service company or give you a list of closest places to you.

If you feel that I have answered your question or feel that I obtain the knowledge and resources to answer your question, please hit the green accept button below.

And should you still have more questions after hitting the green accept button below yo can email me back here for up to 30 days after and ask any questions you may have and I will answer them for no exa charge.

Thanks
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.
Sorry.

Here is the link to the use and care manual. Just high light and right click on the lock below to open and view the manual.

http://www.fisherpaykel.com/admin/pdfs/pdf_usecares/837186-Ref_Freezer-UG_NZ-AU-UK-PAC.pdf

Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for accepting my answer today.

Please email me back here when you can see what kind of error this machine is giving you andi will look it up and tell you what is wrong with the machine.

And then we can fix the machine accordingly.

Thanks again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Jon,
As i said yesterday the lights don't flash so i do not know what to tell you . So as requested yesterday can you send me the name and or phone number of a repair company in the area ? , Thanks .
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.
I can certainly get that info to you but I would need to know where you live in order to recommend the closest authorized service company to you.

Otherwise, you can all fisher and paykel directly to have them find the closest servicer to you. You can find their number at www.fisherpaykel.com

Please email me back if oy need my help finding the closest servicer to you.

Thanks again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have talked to fisher & paykel over the phone and they told me to hold down a button for 10 secs and the noise would stop , and it did . Thay are sending a teck tomorrow thanks .
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.
You got it.

What button did they tell you to hold and for how long? The door alarm button?

I am glad they are sending someone to you. They will figure out what is going on and fix it accordingly.

If to should Ned anything else or have any other questions, please feel free to email me back here and I will help oy further.

Thanks again.