Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

The light in my micro-wave oven has gone out. The oven still

The light in my micro-wave oven has gone out. The oven still heats and cooks.
Can I replace a light globe or otherwise restore the light inside my oven?
Thanks and regards
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi, thanks for using Please remember, I do not get paid for my time and expertise until you accept. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Model No NN-D851 or could be NN-D801. My operating instruction manual has both numbers on the cover.

Panasonic Microwave/ Convection Oven

thanks and regards

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 years ago.
You will need to remove the outer cover to replace this light bulb assembly. Although that does not sound like a daunting task, it can be very dangerous. If you are not comfortable with electricity, you may not want to attempt this repair. Please let me know if you would like repair information after reading the information below.

The U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) warns against do-it-yourself repairs of microwave ovens. Each year, on average, four people die from electrocution trying to repair their microwave ovens. Microwave ovens use high voltage which makes it particularly hazardous for consumers to remove the cover and touch electrical parts. The possibility for electrical shock from a microwave oven still exists even after the oven is disconnected from the power source. Should certain internal devices fail, even unplugged ovens can cause serious injury.

The Commission strongly recommends that consumers have professionals repair microwave ovens because electrical appliances can be hazardous if consumers expose live electrical parts.

Removing the cover of your microwave oven and touching an electrical part can kill you.

Clicking the “ACCEPT” button will NOT close this question. Once you accept, you may refer back to this thread, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved! Also, please leave positive feedback after you accept, this is important!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I would prefer to contact an appliance repair person to fix this microwave light.

Can you recommend someone in Melbourne (Brunswick)? (Australia)?

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 years ago.
A servicer in your area is below!

Appliance Repair Company

Please remember to click "Accept" before leaving, thanks! Smile