You will need to remove the outer cover to replace this light bulb assembly. Although that does not sound like a daunting task, it can be very dangerous. If you are not comfortable with electricity, you may not want to attempt this repair. Please let me know if you would like repair information after reading the information below.
The U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) warns against do-it-yourself repairs of microwave ovens. Each year, on average, four people die from electrocution trying to repair their microwave ovens. Microwave ovens use high voltage which makes it particularly hazardous for consumers to remove the cover and touch electrical parts. The possibility for electrical shock from a microwave oven still exists even after the oven is disconnected from the power source. Should certain internal devices fail, even unplugged ovens can cause serious injury.
The Commission strongly recommends that consumers have professionals repair microwave ovens because electrical appliances can be hazardous if consumers expose live electrical parts.
Removing the cover of your microwave oven and touching an electrical part can kill you.
Clicking the “ACCEPT” button will NOT close this question. Once you accept, you may refer back to this thread, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved! Also, please leave positive feedback after you accept, this is important!