gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs

my maytag refrigerator MFI2266AEU has stopped dispensing water

my maytag refrigerator MFI2266AEU has stopped dispensing water or making ice.I do not have a filter and I have used a hair dryer on the lines behind the panel on the right side
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.

gst85 :

hi my nae is juan,i will assist you with your problem.please remember to press accept if i have been helpful.

gst85 :

when you depress for water ,does it make any sound?

Customer:

yes it makes the usual sound of a celonoid kicking on

gst85 :

ok so it is ice making ice but just not dispensing it?

Customer:

no ice either

gst85 :

alright,i would first suggest that you check your water line connection to the inlet valve.if you have not don that yet/

Customer:

I took the bypass cap loose and water ran there

gst85 :

ok i going to llok at a diagram.i will be back in just a few minutes

gst85 :

look

Customer:

food is freezing in the vegetable bins so i raised the temp to 38 instead of 36

gst85 :

ok 35 to 45 is normal fridge temperature,does the freezer seem to be at normal temperature?

Customer:

yes

gst85 :

ok,since your water and ice dispenser both stop working it seems that your dispenser control board is just going to be your problem

gst85 :

now what i can do is provide you with the part number if youd like?

Customer:

when the lever is depressed it makes the usual sounds but no water it sounds as if it is trying, I do not think the control board is bad would the board cause the food to start freezing

gst85 :

how often does tha happened?

Customer:

the water was noticed saturday, I noticed semi frozen food today when the lever is depressed you can hear what sounds like a motor running i got ice until the bin went empty now it won't make any due to lack of water i assume

gst85 :

your just going to have is a main control board issue

gst85 :

about how old is the fridge?

Customer:

i do not agree i think the water is frozen some where 4years

gst85 :

are you still there?

Customer:

yes

gst85 :

sorry about that im having a bit of trouble on my end

Customer:

when i set the control board to ice and hjt the lever the auger turns in the ice bin no ice to dispense

gst85 :

there is a resovoir that is only for the water dispenser ,

Customer:

yes it is behind a panel on the right side of the frige i had it off

gst85 :

was it frozen when you removed it?

Customer:

couldn't tell

gst85 :

so when you dissontected the lines to the resovoir was there water coming out?

gst85 :

dissconnected

Customer:

i didn't disconnect the lines there the only place i had water was at the bypass cap that is in place of a filter that is all i checked done that by accident had to set apan under it while i shut off the water

gst85 :

has the filter ever been replaced?.

Customer:

it has never had one evidently

gst85 :
Grid is 1 inch square

ok this would be it are you syre that it does not have one?

Water Filter - Part #(NNN) NNN-NNNNMfg Part # XXXXX
Full Size Image

gst85 :

sure

Customer:

it does not have one a cap is on where the filter should go it is called a bypass cap

gst85 :

ok so it has the bypass cap.dispenser control board is fine beause it does respond.your main control board will just be the problem.]

gst85 :

the board controls the water valve .

Grid is 1 inch square

Main Control Board - Part #(NNN) NNN-NNNNMfg Part # XXXXX
Full Size Image

Customer:

where is it located

gst85 :

its going to be located behind the fridge wall.inside a small compartment

gst85 :

im going to get the part number

gst85 :

Control board

Manufacturer Number W10310240.www.repairclinic.com.

gst85 :

the resovoir is only for the water dispenser and not the ice maker

gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs