Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.

Hi there, my jenn air (model number: JGR8875QDS) gas stove

Hi there, my jenn air (model number: JGR8875QDS) gas stove will not light. When we turn the knobs, there is no ignition just the smell of gas. The stove would not light. How do I go about repairing this problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Okay so you are talking the burners on top are not lighting? Does to oven light up okay?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes that is right, the oven lights up fine. It is the burners on the top not lighting, just the smell of gas.
Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.
Okay, when you turn any of the knobs on to light do you hear any clicking like normally you do?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is no clicking sound, just the sound of gas.
Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.

Okay, your problem is the spark module. This is what creates the spark to light the burners. You need to replace the module to correct your problem. Now you can light the burners manually by turning them on like normal and using a match or lighter to light them in the mean time. I am sending you a link to a diagram and the spark module is #11 on the diagram. Hope this helps and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.