John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

we have a whirlpool diet. Frequently the clothes come out

Customer Question

we have a whirlpool diet. Frequently the clothes come out with stains they didn't go in with. They are impossible to get out. We've had this problem since we bought it 2 years ago. What could be causing this and is it fixable?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi, thanks for using Please remember, I do not get paid for my time and expertise until you accept. Was the dryer replaced with the washer? Are you certain the dryer is not the issue? Do you use liquid fabric softener? Are the stains colored or just look like oil spots?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The dryer was replaced at the same time. I've been checking the clothes after the wash cycle, it's definitely the washer. The stains mostly look like grease stain. Sometimes the stains have a blue_grey color. A use clear liquid detergent, no fabric softener. I've even tried other detergents
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 years ago.
How is your water quality? If you pull back the gray rubber door boot, is it pretty dirty or "gunked up" or slimy?