Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

i have a bosch dishwasher that is stuck on the first cycle.

i have a bosch dishwasher that is stuck on the first cycle. How can i troubleshoot this problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 2 years ago.

Appliance Tech Larry :

Hello I'm Larry and will use all my training and knowledge to help you so please stay on line with me until we finish ,, thanks

Appliance Tech Larry :

are you saying that when it starts, fills and wash it never go to next cycle?

Appliance Tech Larry :

may i have the model number please

Customer:

the cycle starts at 99 which i assume is minutes. it does not advance. i don't know the exact minutes for all the cycles but 99 appears on several cycles but i believe they should be different. the last cycle which is 9 minutes works. the one immediately above it works also.

Appliance Tech Larry :

may i have the model number from the sticker inside the door please

Customer:

sure. can i go to a computer next to it and continue the chat?

Appliance Tech Larry :

sure ,, you should be able to ,, i will change this over to Q&A so you can pick it up

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
just let me know when you get it ,, thanks
did you find it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
SHI6805UC
the control board will have to be replaced, the part number is 266746 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
IS THERE A TEST I CAN PERFORM ON THE BOARD TO BE CERTAIN IT IS NOT FUNCTIONING CORRECTLY?
you cant test this board but i am 100% sure of this
i am about to log off for the day so do you have any other questions for me before i go
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Larry,

Sorry for the delay. I was off island. Before I go and buy a board, I'd like to know how you arrived at the conclusion that the board is bad. The reason I ask this is that I don't want to purchase something only to find out that it doesn't solve the problem. Thank you.
the board is what makes it could down and your dose not, its like the old style timer what when the motor on the timer goes out it will not advance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the two lowest cycles work: rinse, which is approximately 9 minutes and the next up from that. Is this information relavant? Let me now and I'll be satisfied. Thanks again.
sorry but my answer is still the same, wish i could tell you something that would be cheaper and easier but i cant ,, thanks
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service