Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
51145682

This has to be the dumbest question you will ever get! I have

This has to be the dumbest question you will ever get! I have a Maytag french door Ice2o refrigerator. We took the toe kick plate off to clean under the refrigerator. For some reason that I can't fathom, I can't get the kick plate to snap back into place. Is there some secret to reattaching it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.

Tim Alan :

Hi my name isXXXXX will try and help you with your issue.

Tim Alan :

Not a dumb question everybody has a hard time with those.

Tim Alan :

Make sure the louver is pointed down or the grill is facing down, if they are upside down they may not line up

Customer:

That's very kind of you. I don't know why that should be such a difficult thing to do, but I forgot we're talking about a Maytag!

Tim Alan :

Check to make sure the clip didn't brake off

Tim Alan :

I have broken a number of them myself

Customer:

What louver?

Tim Alan :

it should just snap into place

Tim Alan :

sime have louvers on them but some are just a flat grill

Tim Alan :

some

Customer:

Ah hah, there are no clips on it. Perhaps that's the problem. :-)

Tim Alan :

What is the model number of the unit

Tim Alan :

Let me see if i can get a picture of the part

Customer:

MF12568AED

Tim Alan :

Ok brb

Tim Alan :

Full Size Image

Tim Alan :

It should look like that

Tim Alan :

the clips are what hold it in place no screws

Tim Alan :

When I take them off i pull the grille in the middle and then work it out one side at a time, to put it in line up one side and it should just snap into place

Tim Alan :

Full Size Image

Customer:

It doesn't look exactly like that. It has a bolt that comes up from the feet of the refrigerator and there are what I guess you could call clips, the bolt fits into.

Tim Alan :

There are not any bolts holding this on

Tim Alan :

Full Size Image

Tim Alan :

above are the clips that hold it on

Customer:

brb

Tim Alan :

Ok, I will be here

Customer:

Okay, I just took a good luck at the toe kick and I think I see what the problem is. There are actually 4 clips attached to the kick plate. It's kind of hard to see from the picture, but I think I know how to do it, now.

Customer:

Thanks for your help and your patience!

Customer:

I'll send your $23 right now!

Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service