Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service

oven accubake display shows E1 F2, I can cancel error code

oven accubake display shows E1 F2, I can cancel error code but when I select temp and hit start nothing happens and error code returns so I cannot use oven any longer - is there a troubleshoot? This oven is 9 years old, would a new kepypad make economic sense (I heard the part is $250 plus labor...)
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will try and help you with your issue, the error code means that the keypad/touchpad is shorted. The repair is to replace that component, can you pleas post the complete model number of your unit. The keypad in some models may be incorporated into the main control or a separate, not sure what you have so i will need the complete model number of your unit.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

RBD 305 PDS 12

Expert:  Tim Alan replied 4 years ago.
The actual control panel would need to be replaced on this model, sears parts direct sells the part for between 150-175 depending on the color, the service call and labor would be in the range of 150-200. The typical appliance has a life expectancy of 8-12 years so for appliance years it's near it's end. I wouldn't put that much into an older appliance, at this point it may be a better choice to purchase a new range. Let me know if you need any further assistance.