Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service

Is it possible for a refrigerator (Maytag Model MBL2256KES3)

Is it possible for a refrigerator (Maytag Model MBL2256KES3) to produce a puddle of water on the floor near the left side of the refrigerator? The IceMaker is not hooked up, no water source, and I don't know where the water could be coming from.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will try and help you with your issue. It is possible for your unit to leak/produce water, it very well could be coming from either the drain pan under the unit or the drain itself could be plugged up and it is dripping down the front. Check inside the freezer section and look for any buildup of ice on the bottom of the freezer. If there is ice on the bottom there the drain is plugged up. Also check inside the refrigerator for any water at the bottom under the drawer/shelf. I know you said the drain pan was empty most of the time it will have some water in it, so check the freezer section first for ice at the bottom. You can also poor some water into the drain pan and see if that is leaking also.