Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.

Hi my defy f640 side by side have been giving me endless problems

Customer Question

Hi my defy f640 side by side have been giving me endless problems the red light comes on and the freezer does not freeze at all. A technician replaced the censor and the PC board refilled the gas and it was still doing the same thing. Then he replaced the censor again and it is still happening. On the first few occasions when I switched the fridge on and off at the wall plug then the fan would start running again. Now its does not do that anymore and I dont know how to get the fan to start running again. What exactly can be the problem please I am at wits end with this fridge Please help!!!!!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 4 years ago.

Jon Grella : Hello
Jon Grella : My name is jon and I can help you today
Jon Grella : Are you sure the door is closed properly. That will give you th red light onthe control and cause the machine to constantly run andthen defrost.
Jon Grella : If the door is closed properly has the last tech that came to yourhomecheck to see if there was a leak in the system?
Jon Grella : These two things would be the only possibilities assuming the computer and sensors replaced were good.
Jon Grella : Please email me back when you have a chance and I will walk you through some diagnostic checks to help you determine what the problem is .
Customer :

Customer :

Hi the doors are always properly closed and the technician has checked for leaks in the system and none were found. Your answer unfortunately has not solved my problem because everything you have mentioned has been done but the light still comes on after a while. What is actually happening is that the when we get the compressor to go on manually its switches off when its has reached the desired temperature but does not switch on automatically again after the temperature has dropped below the desired level causing the red to show a warning signal because the compressor has not come on again.