Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My whirlpool washer is leaking water from the bottom

My whirlpool washing machine is leaking water from the bottom Should I see about getting repaired or go ahead and bite the bullet to buy a new one?  SM8525079
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using this service.

Can I get the complete model number off the machine, it should be on the door frame edge or on the edge of the console. It should be worth fixing I jyst need the complete model to help you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

sorry if duplicate
Ok thanks that unit mainly only leaks water from one place the pump, typically you will find a puddle of water near the middle of the machin. It could also leak from the hose that goes from the pump to the drain hose in the back. These are almost always to the two places it would leak from. The pump seal goes bad or wears through the pump body and will leak right down in front of the machine. Here is a link to the pump and a video to help you replace it.

CLICK HERE for pump

CLICK HERE for video

Please click ACCEPT or SUBMIT if this assisted you and TIPS are appreciated...thanks