Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

how do I replace the heating elements in my jenn air model

how do I replace the heating elements in my jenn air model 800264 convection oven?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

That number isn't quite correct because the model actually starts with letters. Which element are you trying to replace exactly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Both the upper and lower elements

Model number from book for built in wall convection oven model 800264

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
ok, so that is definitely not the model number, but it's usually fairly easy to remove the elements. You just need to unplug the oven or turn the circuit breaker first. Then open the door and remove the screws going into the back convection cover vent panel below and above the panel. Now there should be some screws going going through the bottom bake element into the back wall that you can unscrew. Pull the element forward and disconnect the 2 wires connected to the element. Then just plug in the new element and you should be good to go. The broil element will likely have screws going through the back as well as ones going up into the ceiling so you'll need to remove those screws as well before pulling it forward and disconnecting the wires to the old element.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The model number on the namplate of this oven is 800264

I unscrewed the screws and something is holding it from pulling out!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
There is nothing holding the elements from pulling out, they just have terminals on the back that might be angled up or down. Either way, they just pull forward and out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It only pulls out about 2 inches, and the wires are screwed onto the element. It also looks like possibly a ground wire to a plate also.

Why do you say this is not the model number when it is stamped on the nameplate?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
It is the model, it's just a really old model so it didn't look like a model number at first.

Either way, if you can't pull the element out any further, you'll need to pull the oven out and remove the screws going into the back panel. Then you can unscrew the wires from the back of the oven and pull the element through the front.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.

I was able to figure out it is a lot more work than your original answer.

Joe

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
It's a little more work I suppose. But you can do it all from the front since that is the way it's designed, but if you want room to remove the wires then it might be best to pull the oven forward and remove the back panel.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.