Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service

My ice maker is not working. The water does not appear to

My ice maker is not working. The water does not appear to be coming in.
Hi my name isXXXXX will try and help you with your issue. Can you please post the complete model number of your unit, and also look at the ice maker and tell me were the rotating blades are. Also do you know if the ice maker is going through a cycle, is the rotating arm going around and no water is coming in or is it dead and not rotating at all?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is not going through the cycle. It was sounding like it was trying but nothing now.

model - MF 12568AES

series - 11820047 JV

It's actually and mfi 2568aes, I know it's hard to remove and I am going to try and explain, so bear with me, more than likely the ice maker has failed but you also need to remove the ice maker and check the fill tube inside the housing for any ice blockage, is this something that you can do?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The bin should slide right out, lift up on the front and slide that out. Once the bin is out on the left hand side is a cover with a small slot insert a small stubby screw driver or a car ignition key and actuate the plastic tab that holds it into place, jiggle the key or screw driver up and down and slide that cover forward to remove that. Once the cover is off start sliding the ice maker out and when you can reach the electric connection disconnect it, that is a very tight plug and you may need a small flat screw driver to pry it apart. Once it is disconnected reach in and also look at the fill tube for any blockage and also using a small screw driver insert that and feel for any ice, if the fill tube is clear replace the ice maker.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can not pull it out. I can move the tab but it seems stuck. How hard can I pull?
The tab is holding it in place try once the tab is actuated it slides right off don't force it it will brake, keep trying to wiggle your screw driver or key whatever your using, maybe angle it forward a little, try using something a little longer if you can't feel the tab. Pull on it, it slides forward to remove.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can see and feel the tab. It is not holding it from coming out. It feels like something else is preventing from coming out.
Slide it forward hard then if the tab is released, it may be slightly frozen.
How are you doing, did you get it out and were you able to check the fill tube?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It will not move. I can see the tab, track - but it will not move. I have pulled and it will not move. Thanks for the help. I will have to call someone to pull it out.
Ok thank you have a good day.