Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Hotpoint oven is stuck on self cleaning and I cant use

My Hotpoint oven is stuck on self cleaning and I can't use it to bake. What is wrong with it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So why do you think that the unit is stuck on self clean exactly? Is the door locked shut? Is the oven getting way too hot?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When I turn oven on I put it on a temperature setting such as 350 but the self cleaning light starts flashing and the oven gets extemely hot. The door is not locked shut.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
ok perfect. Unfortunately this is just a bad control board. The logic in the display control board itself has just failed and it isn't performing the cycle functions properly. You can try to turn the circuit breaker off for 60 seconds to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, then you'll need to order and replace the display control board because it has just failed for some reasons.