Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

When I try to start my dryer it wont go and the sensing light

When I try to start my dryer it wont go and the sensing light goes on. Any idea what the problem might be. This is with clothes or no clothes inside.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Good morning. Can you open the door and get us the full model number off the tag ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Would this be right

GGW9250PW0

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Yes it is and thank you for your fast response. Does this do anything at all when you press the start button ? Any noise from the motor at all ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is a beep sound like when a cycle has been completed and also a 'klik' sound that comes from the back when the light goes on.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

okay, by far the most common reason for your issue is the thermal fuse has failed,

If the dryer overheats, this device stops the flow of electricity to the heat source and/or the entire dryer. It is located on the blower housing and cannot be reset. The most common cause for overheating is a vent tube clogged with lint, a birds nest or other debris. this can be tested with a multimeter. do you have one ? I have a video to show you how if you do. let me know and it would be my pleasure to send that to you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
please send the video. I'm assuming I will have to go and buy a new fuse and open up the back of the dryer to install. Would home depot carry these fuses or would I have to go to Sears.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Okay. well the thermal fuse is actually in the front of the dryer on the blower assembly.

The first thing you need to do is remove the bottom access panel under the door in the front, # XXXXX on this diagram (please unplug the dryer before servicing) when you have removed the panel the thermal fuse is part # XXXXX on this diagram. below is a link to the video. the thermal fuse is available at any local appliance supply house. if you do not have one close by the link to the video also sells the part.

video link once you have the link up just press the blue see help video button.

I hope your experience here on Just Answer was a pleasant one. If you have any further question please don't hesitate to ask,

thanks and well wishes. sincerely, Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.