Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My whirlpool cabrio washer is showing code 5D how do I fix

Customer Question

My whirlpool cabrio washer is showing code 5D how do I fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The error is actually "SD" and it means that the washer thinks there are suds inside the tub. This could be a faulty pressure switch (which is part of the main control board), or the dishwasher may just not be draining properly. You'll need to tip the the washer backwards and unplug the unit so you can get under the washer. The drain pump is mounted to the back of the washer under the tub. It will need to be removed to check for any blockages. If you find nothing, then drain all the water out and try the washer again. If you get the error code again and you found nothing in the drain pump, you need to replace the main control board under the control panel in the back right corner because it's just not sensing the water level correctly.