Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

How do I remove the boot from the front of a Kenmore 970-C42074-00

How do I remove the boot from the front of a Kenmore 970-C42074-00 washer?
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

okay the first thing to do is remove the top of the machine. there are screws along the back remove them and slide the top back. then in the front there are screws holding the bottom access panel remove those and the panel. remove the dispenser by depressing the tab under it. there are screws behind that you need to remove. remove the screws from control panel and unplug it and put it aside. the boot where its connected to the front you have to pry off, there are spots that are glued so work your way around slow, once thats done remove the screws holding the front and unplug the door switch. take the front and put it aside, there will be a clamp around the tub you remove , the boot will also have clamp on the fill tube remove that. then the boot will come out. heres a link to all the diagrams for you machine. hope that helps. just copy and paste this to your browser.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hello Bryan:
Seems like a thorough answer. The diagram is one I have, so only a little helpful. But I think your description will be the best thing. I'll take a look at my machine shortly and get right back to acceptance step.....
It looks as if your description will cover everything I need; does the main control knob just pull off?
Many thanks,
its been a while since I've pulled the know from one of these but it unscrews from what I remember.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Many thanks. It looks like I can complete the job from your description. I'm sure I'm taking more apart than I'd like, but it will be easier to service the drum, according to what I've read.
good luck and well wishes , thanks , Bryan