Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Bravos mct makes humming noise and cycle will not start

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

can you get us the full model # ? is this putting water in ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Mod mvwb750wq1
Type 580

No it is not draining water. Machine has water but. Not visible because it's top loading and the wash machine is heavy and I can't see the water but when I moved to wash machine I can tell it's full of water
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay , what you hear is the drain pump trying to drain the water. you either have a clog in the drain system inside the washer or the drain pump has failed, heres a video to show you how to access and remove the pump. usually on this machine its something stopping the pump. follow this video and check the pump. if theres no obstruction order and replace the pump. heres the link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drain-Pump/W10217134/1472275?modelNumber=MVWB750WQ1#repairHelpVideoTabs just click the blue link.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sounds great Brian when I click. The onlylink it only gives me the option to order the part it doesn't show me how to remove the drain and check for the obstruction can you please send that?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay when you click it and it goes to the site where you order it the a blue button that says go to help video, just click that and the video will come up. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drain-Pump/W10217134/1472275?modelNumber=MVWB750WQ1#repairHelpVideoTabs
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay! I'll try after class! Will most of the h2o drain out so I can tip the machine over? It far to heavy to yip over now.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
well be careful thats all, the pump is on the back of the machine but its up a bit from the bottom, some of the water will come out. get some towels ready. let me know when you get that done. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will do! Also I would like to know how to request u going forward! I'm in Massachusetts but I'm from Tennessee :-) have a great day and I will add a tip for you
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Thats funny ! I'm from Massachusetts ! LOL I live in Fla now though . you can just request me and I will get it. thanks . talk later . Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

okay i took it apart, minimal H2o as i had 20 towels! i do not see any obstructions, i removed the pump and took it apart a little bit. 3 screws i think. the "fan" spins but seems tight.

suggestions?

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay.there are two pumps one the circulation pump and ones the drain. the drain is on the left side when looking from behind thats the one you checked correct ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes that is the one i checked

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

what happens now when you try to start it ? can you and see if its the pump buzzing or the fill valve where the hoses connect ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

stand by:)

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The pump is not buzzing the buzzing sound is coming from the controls I think on top of the washer nothing is moving down by the pump
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You still with me? I'll pay again
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
no you don't have to pay again , sorry busy day. so the sound isn't comming from the pump its comming from the controls ? is the lid locking ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The lid is locking
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

okay if the machine is not putting water in when you start it and the humming is comming from the control area the fill valve is the issue. its # XXXXX on this diagram. its up in the control panel. you need to check that. see if it getting voltage but no water. if so replace the valve. heres a link to the part. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/W10364988/1862767?modelNumber=MVWB750WQ1

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Brian so when I drained everything out of the wash machine in the beginning I didn't watch to see what drained out when I put things back together to see if I heard anything.... I didn't turn the water back on :-) so.... 1 AAA battery one pecan and a piece of wire were in my towels.... and now it's working fine thank you so much. Memo to family no AAA batteries no pecans and no wire in pockets of clothing :-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
One more question!!! What is better for u? A bonus or me paying again? I want to do another 25
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
sorry I had to go off line to eat. whatever you would like is fine, thanks so much and best wishes , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician