Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Atlantis dryer model # XXXXX has started making a horible

My Atlantis dryer model # XXXXX has started making a horible screeching noise when I turn it on and the drum starts to move. Any Ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

in most cases its the rear drum support wheels or the idler pulley causing this.

the best way to tell is take the machine apart and check them, heres a link to a video to show you how. when you have it apart spin the motor by hand to make sure its not the issue. if its tight the motor is bad. hope this helps, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is the part needed for this repair available at an appliance store that sells parts or do I need to order it online? How long does it take to make the repair if it is the drum roller?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
the parts are very common and available at any appliance parts store. you can do the drum rollers in under an hour. its not that bad to do. it will save you a service call payment thats for sure. best wishes and thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If I have a question in a couple of hours - after I go get the part, can i still contact you?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yes you have 30 days to come back and reply even after you press accept for no additional charge. any replies you send I will get directly.