Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Kenmore Refrigerator model #60972990. It keeps leaking

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Refrigerator model #60972990. It keeps leaking quite a bit of water on the floor. It appears to be happening more frequently. I have already cleaned it up three times in the last 3 hours or so. It looks as it is leaking from the middle of the top of the refrigerator. Any suggestions? Thank you for your time!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

you have a common problem for these refrigerators. your defrost drain is clogged. What you need to do is remove the back panel in the freezer behind your food. first remove the bottom cover # XXXXX on the diagram and then # XXXXX , and then 16. boil some water and under the coils behind that panel there will be ice. pour the water over the ice until it all melts away it drains freely. heres the diagram . this will take care of the issue. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I seem to have gotten all the ice out but it still isn't draining. Can you explain where it is suppose to drain from and to?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

in the very center under the coils did you get it defrosted enough where you can see the hole ? that hole goes to a tube that goes down to the bottom back of the refrigerator into a pan # 58 on this diagram.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
pull the refrigerator away from the wall and the pan is underneath by the compressor.