SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

Bosch B20CS Fridge water dispenser broken

My Bosch B20CS Fridge has a water dispenser which stopped working yesterday. How should I troubleshoot this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 2 years ago.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. The first step is to check if the valve is getting voltage when you push the dispenser button. This will take two people, one with a volt meter. If the valve is getting voltage you have a bad valve. If no voltage is present at the connector, then you will need to check the dispenser board located on top of the machine for output voltage.

Customer:

Huh. I guess I could do this. Might it help you to know that it was working this AM - which was probably the first time it had been used for a while because we just moved in? then, all of a sudden it stopped working?

Customer:

Also - if I can come up with a volt meter - to where exactly should I connect it?

Customer:

Finally - is there nothing else I can/should try now? I don't have a voltmeter.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Odds are it is the valve but testing with a meter id the sure fire way to tell. you would want to remove the two pronged connector at the valve assembly. there are two of these connectors down there, one for ice maker. i can't remmeber if it's the red or the blue connecter but I always just check them both. Stick one probe of the meter in each side of a connector and push the dispenser button.

Customer:

OK - I'll pick one up at Home Depot. One more quick question - when I push the button it whirs - and sometimes a few drops come out. Does this change your thinking? I'll approve the charge after I get your thoughts on this.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

The ice maker work fine right?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

works

Customer:

It does.

Customer:

At least - I think it does - there is ice...

Customer:

...I can't promise it has made *new* ice.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Sounds like the valve for sure. The wirring means it's getting power.

Customer:

Ok. Valve it is. Thanks for your help.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Remove some ice tonight and check in the am. If there is new ice then you'll need a valve if not then I would replace the filter.

Customer:

ok. good idea.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

anything else I can help you with?

Customer:

I hit the accept button...did it work?

Customer:

And no - I'm satisfied.

Customer:

Thanks.,

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Not accepted yet.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

sorry

Customer:

Should be now...just want to be sure you get paid!

Customer:

(and that I don't get charge twice, I suppose)

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

You won't get charged twice for sure :) I'll switch to Q&A mode and the accept will work then.

Experience: Licensed Appliance Journeyman