Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

on my gas stove, water overflowed and wont light now? All

on my gas stove, water overflowed and won't light now? All 4 burners, but gas goes on a clicks? Did i ruin it or does it need to dry out- happened Saturday night
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

can you get us the full model # ? look in the bottom drawer if it has one.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It does but I am not home. I will have to give it to you later. 1 year old. Thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
sure no problem , when you get it just reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Frigidaire gallery

Model FGGS3045KFA

serial NFO1622249

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay great, how much water spilled on this ? where did it spill ( back or front) do you see the spark on the burner ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
quite a bit of water- it drained somewhere? there is a spark and clicking noise
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay, in most cases like this these do need to dry out and once their dry it will work correctly again. most like the water went down under the top where the wiring is. once the wires get wet or the spark module it has to dry out or they arc and don't reach the burner. try putting the oven on and if it lights let it run for a while to help dry it out, it makes it faster. usually this will return to normal overnight, you don't have to leave the oven on overnight just for an hour or two. if that doesn't work let me know and we'll see what else we can check. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, Bryan I will check with you tomorrow. This happened Saturday night.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay , if that works you can press accept then , if not reply and we'll try some other things. usually if you spilled a lot like you said theres probably a lot of water under the cook top. let me know thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
will let you know tomorrow, if that works! Thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
your welcome, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
still not working :(
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay, well you will need to open the top and check the wiring on this. this can be a pain though you have sealed burners on the top so they need to be loosened. the problem is the screws sometimes will strip. you need to remove the screws marked # XXXXX on this diagram and the release the clips holding the top down. the spark module is also under the top # XXXXX on this diagram.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok will have my husband try this and let u know if that works. thx