Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Recently you helped me with a problem on a Kitchen aid dishwasher,

Recently you helped me with a problem on a Kitchen aid dishwasher, well I have problems with the same dish washer Model KUDI01TJ. Last night we had a bad electrical storm and lost electricity for about 3 hours. When it can back on the dishwasher would not work and it had several lights blinking on front ( HEAVY CYCLE, NORMAL CYCLE AND THE RINSE ONLY CYCLE LIGHTS), I turned the electrical breaker off for a while and when I switched it back on only the heavy cycle light was on. I pushed the cancel button and it stayed on and I pushed the Normal cycle buttom and the light stayed on, now all light are on as before. Did the electrical outage fry the circuit board again?
Thanks
Dennis Wise
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

unfortunately yes an electrical storm can fry the board again, try this and see if it goes into diagnostic mode.

Pressing the following option keys in the sequence shown will
either start the Diagnostics Cycle or turn on the Rapid
Advance feature for stepping through customer selectable
cycles:
HI TEMP SCRUB, AIR DRY, HI TEMP SCRUB, AIR DRY
Or
SANI RINSE, AIR DRY, SANI RINSE, AIR DRY
(Note: HI TEMP SCRUB = HI TEMP SCOUR)
(Note: AIR DRY = NO HEAT DRY = ENERGY SAVER DRY)
If the above key sequence is entered after starting a cycle, the
Rapid Advance feature is turned on, which allows the operator
to manually advance the currently running cycle, interval by
interval, by pressing the Pots&Pans/Heavy or Anti-Bacteria/
Cookware or Start key.
If the above key sequence is entered with the dishwasher in
Standby, the Diagnostics Cycle is started. The Diagnostics Cycle
can be rapid-advanced, interval by interval, by pressing
the Pots&Pans/Heavy or Anti-Bacteria/Cookware or Start key.
Note: The door must be closed before the Diagnostics cycle
will run. Likewise, the door must be closed after each rapid
advance selection of the P&P/Heavy, A-Bac/Cookware, or
Start key for the control to advance to the next interval of the
Diagnostics or currently running cycle.

Let me know if it does, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

After pushing the button in the sequence mentioned I got no results

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay if this will not go into diagnostic mode the board has failed again and needs to be replaced unfortunately. sorry for the bad news, well wishes and thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.