Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

i have a whirlpool duet model wfw9150ww01 and it wont go to

i have a whirlpool duet model wfw9150ww01 and it wont go to the spin cycle it keeps beeping and it only a little over a year old i tried to read the manual but i dont get it with all the codes mine only beeps no codes so what do i do
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Your washer is beeping with no codes at all and it's only beeping just before it goes into the spin cycle?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes the washer shuts down stops and beeps and the wash light flashes 7 times
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
OK so this really isn't an error code nor is it going to be something you can test. The only thing that can cause this problem is one of the control boards. Unfortunatley there are 3 control board---The main central control unit (CCU), the motor control unit (MCU) and the user interface control (UI). Since there is no way to test, the best thing you can do is make a judgement call. It's unlikely that the UI is causing the issue it's mainly a slave to the main CCU so if you can program the cycle, it's doing what it should as far as we can tell. That leave the CCU and the MCU and I would guess the CCU is causing the control board because I've never heard of the MCU causing a weird issue like this. So my suggestion would be to replace the CCU.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
well the thing about is i have a 5 year warranty with this washer i had a tec come out and he looked at it and didnt do much a couple of days later they called and said there gonna give me my money back it was to much to fix i guess so what is this ccu and how much is it
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
The CCU is the main control board under the top panel and the part is about $250 or so.