Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
51145682

My maytag quiet series 300 is heating n tumbling, but not blowing.

My maytag quiet series 300 is heating n tumbling, but not blowing. Could it be a belt or the blower?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will try to help you with your issue, can you please post the complete model number of your unit that is found inside the door on the tag. If it's not blowing it could be a belt a blower wheel or a plugged vent. Did you check your vent or disconnect the vent at the back of the unit to check for airflow?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. I removed the vent hose. No air coming through
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
Ok good what is the complete model number?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bravos quiet series 300 electronic dryer.
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
For specific information i will need the complete model number that is found on the tag just inside the door, I am assuming by what you have told me that this is the model that does have a separate belt that turns the blower assy but would like to look up the model number to supply you with a break down. Some Bravos models do have the other belt and some do not. If it does have the separate belt you will have to take the top loose and remove the front panel if it does not then the blower assy is accessed by removing the rear panel.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
M E D B 2 0 0 V Q 0
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you, XXXXX XXXXX has the blower in back, to access remove the rear back panel and make sure you unplug the unit first. Once you have the rear panel removed the blower is mounted in a housing, there will be 2 screws on the top were the filter is, so remove the filter and those 2 screws and also the the screws at the back of the housing and that should come out so you can access the blower area. Once you have the housing removed check for blockages and see if the blower has come loose, those are real tightly mounted to the motor so look for a blockage first those blower wheels are normally very hard to remove.
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If no blockages are apparent, what then?
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
Can you spin the blower wheel by hand? The blower wheel would have had to come off the shaft of the motor then if the vent and or blower assy is not plugged up. When you have the vent/blower assy off plug it in and turn it on and see what happens, just make sure your not touching any of the electrical wires/connections at the back of the unit.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This diagram does not resemble my dryer. Back off there is one housing with filter and what looks like heater inside tube. All else I see is below the drum. Is this right?
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
I tried 3 different sources and they all had the same breakdown, however sears parts shows a different breakdown for that model with the blower in the front and bottom and the second belt I will send you that diagram. You will have to take the front panel off that does include the door. There are clips that hold the top in place they are spring clips push those in with a flat screw driver or putty knife to lift the top up. Once the top is up there are 5/16 in hex head screws on the inside one on each side that hold the panel on, take these out and unplug the electric connections on the right side and the blower is down at the bottom.
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
graphic
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The blower is located on bottom. I have detected the belt is broken and small pulley nut which mounted to blower housing was loose, at an extreme angle, and half the threads are stripped out. To avoid excess scratching have you any idea where the spring clips are located in the front
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
Both of the spring clips are located on both sides close to each edge, use a flashlight and lift up on each end with the door open, in other words open the door and lift up on the top only at each end when using a screw driver or putty knife and push in hard to release, from what it sounds like you should replace the belt, the blower and the pulley that attaches to the blower wheel.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Actually the threads on the blower spindle are fine. Only the pulley nut(?) threads are stripped. are these items readily available? I live in a small town.
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
Blower belt

PART NUMBER:(NNN) NNN-NNNNthis is the belt for the blower

Blower wheel

PART NUMBER:(NNN) NNN-NNNNthis is the blower wheel

Motor pulley

PART NUMBER:(NNN) NNN-NNNNand this is the pulley for the blower wheel

Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
Sears parts direct has them in stock, partselect, appliance zone, appliance parts pros are others or you can type in appliance parts to bring up any local listings that you may have.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I dont see where belt attaches other than pulley nut, which im assuming is what you referred as part(NNN) NNN-NNNN Am I blind?
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
The belt goes around the small pulley attached to the motor and then around the blower pulley there will be a twist in the belt it will kind of resemble a figure 8, look closely at the diagram that i send you with the blower assy and look very closely at the belt, the diagram actually shows a good representation of how the belt is when it is attached properly. On your unit there may be a counter balance that also attaches to the motor that is not the pulley for the belt it is pretty much the same size as the one that attaches to the blower and the belt could be difficult to put on it is tight, I go around the motor pulley first and then the blower pulley.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im not sure why but your previous diagrams did not come through
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
If none of the diagrams have come through then go to sears parts direct and type in your model number to bring up the diagrams of your unit. That is www.searspartsdirect.com.
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service