SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

I have a replacement freezer thermister for a subzero 532 and

I have a replacement freezer thermister for a subzero 532 and want instructions on how to replace it.

tom goellner :

To clarify - are you referring to a temperature sensor - a small ( usually white ) part with two wires ?

tom goellner :

If that IS what you are asking about - cut the wires to the old thermistor , strip back a half inch and connect to new thermistor using small ( blue ) wire nuts and then fill the wire nuts with silicone caulk to prevent moisture from getting to the connections

Customer:

asdfa

Customer:

it is a(NNN) NNN-NNNNfreezer control. it appears to "plug in" somewhere and has a short temperature probe.

Hello, I can help you with this. This is a thermostat that is mounted in the freezer next to the ice maker. You will need to remove all the shelves above the ice maker, the light cover and the L shaped wall/shelf that is above the ice maker. There are 2 screws that hold the L right under where the icemaker on off switch is. This will give you access to the thermostat to replace.
Experience: Licensed Appliance Journeyman