Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
51145682

I have a JENN-AIR Model JMV8100AA that is about ten years old.

Customer Question

I have a JENN-AIR Model JMV8100AA that is about ten years old. The turntable has stopped turning. I assume that it is belt driven - I have not taken the bottom off - and that the belt has separated.. Are belts available and can I replace it? Your thoughts please!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will try and help you with your issue, it does not have a belt that turns the table it is turned by a direct drive motor, give me a few minutes to look up the part for you and i will be right back with you.
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 5 years ago.
graphic
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 5 years ago.
Item number 18 is the turntable motor, typically this is what fails when the turntable quits operating, it is powered by the control and if you have a volt ohm meter you can check for 120 volts to the motor just to be sure. It is accessed by removing the bottom panel it is held in place by screws, there should be a few in the front and on the sides, that once removed the panel will just drop down. Partselect has them in stock.

58001047 this is the part number for the turntable motor.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Where can I get this turntable motor and approx cost?
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 5 years ago.
Turntable Drive Motor PartSelect Number PS2055102 this is off of partselect website and they show a cost of around 47 dollars.

Other sources would be appliance zone, appliance parts pros, or type in appliance parts to bring up your local listings.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What is the website to get this part?
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 5 years ago.
graphic

http://www.partselect.com/PS2055102-Whirlpool-58001047-Turntable-Drive-Motor.htm?SourceCode=3&SearchTerm=58001047

The link didn't come through partselect is the company name

www.partselect.com
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Let me try to contact the website you noted and I will return!
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 5 years ago.
Ok thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

For some reason, I am unable to print the return answers that you send me, so I must hand write your responses. However, I was able to "cut-and-paste" the web address http://www.partselect.com/PS2055102-Whirlpool-58001047-Turntable-Drive-Motor.htm?SourceCode=3&SearchTerm=58001047 and I think all the information was there that I need - even directions as to HOW TO INSTALL. I will now try to get the part and install. Assuming all goes well, thanks for your help and will remain a subscriber. If the part is not available, I will cancel my subscription.

Thanks again for your effort.

Expert:  Tim Alan replied 5 years ago.
Your welcome and thank you, XXXXX XXXXX great weekend, if you need further assistance just let me know.