Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Maytag Bravos Unit #110517015. The lid latch lock

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Bravos Unit #110517015. The lid latch lock appears to be stuck and will not release. I have unplugged the unit, shut it off, turned it on and re-run it through the cycle. What else can I try to get it to work? Rick xxxxx
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

can you recheck the model #, I think its incomplete. its not comming up.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Bryan, I normally find the model number on the inside lid. Since I cannot open the lid I will give you all the numbers that I have found on the unit:

NNN-NN-NNNN/p>

0026 59402(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

05/17/2011 09:47:04

Maytag Bravos

I hope one of these work.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay well the numbers you gave me don't work but I found some diagrams anyway, this is a tough one because its locked. the lock has failed. it needs to be replaced, what you need to do is lift the whole top of the machine to get to the lock assembly. there are two clips you can depress with a putty knife in the front between the top and the front panel. these clips are # XXXXX on this diagram.push them in with a putty knife and lift the top, then you will have access to the lock assemble. heres a link to the part , http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Lid-Lock-Assembly/W10059230/1202609?modelNumber=MTW6500TQ0#repairHelpVideoTabs theres also a video there that shows you how to replace it. hope this helps. thanks, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Did you receive my last reply? I see you didn't accept the answer do you need more info ?
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The response is excellent. I opened the top and am trying to repair the latch mechanism which broke. I also ordered the part. The info on the part and video are excellent..so far.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
thats great, glad to hear you got it apart, well wishes and thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Bryan,

The part came in and I installed it just fine. It was easy and everything fit.

Unfortunately, when I tried to run the machine I get a signal that says "Lid". When I pushed the start button it appears that the lid latch mechanism worked as it pushed the grey latch plastic mechanism out and latched the lid, so now I cannot open the lid.

So at this point, the lid is locked and I have a signal that says "LID" and it does not start its cycle.

What can I do now?

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
so now its saying lid and the lid wont open? did you happen to get the full model # when you had this open ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bryan, I inserted the new lid lock mechanism and I need more help. I will go back into answer and see what happens. Rick McGoey
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The lid is now latched. However, I took the top off and got the numbers:

Model Number MVWB300WQ1

Serial Number CO 4271494

I tried the start the washer again and got the same signal. "LID"

Thanks for the help. Rick

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

can you try and put this in diagnostic mode ?

1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in

with all indicators off) or in setting mode (plugged

in and power up just before running a cycle).

2. Select any one button (except POWER/CANCEL

and START/PAUSE) and follow the steps below,

using the same button:

a. Press/hold 3 seconds.

b. Release for 3 seconds.

c. Press/hold 3 seconds.

d. Release for 3 seconds.

e. Press/hold 3 seconds.

Ô If this test mode has been entered successfully,

all indicators on the console are illuminated for

5 seconds with 8:88 showing in the Estimated

Time Remaining three-digit display.

Ô If indicators do not display as described above,

the press/hold/release procedure above may not

have been performed within the time frame

necessary for successful entry. Repeat step 2

to ensure this was not the cause. If still

unsuccessful, see Diagnostic: Unsuccessful

Entry, at right

tell me if it enters diagnostic mode.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cannot get it into standby mode now. When I try I now get a "du" signal. According to the Owners Manual I just down loaded this means the lid will not unlock. This is different from the last indication. So I cannot complete your first step to put it in diagnostic mode.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Lid Unlock Failure

dU flashes if the following conditions occur:

Ô Excessive force on lid is preventing lock bolt

from retracting.

Ô Wash media buildup is preventing lock bolt

from retracting.

Ô Machine/motor control cannot determine if

lid lock is in an unlocked state.

the machine control is not sensing the lock, its not sending a signal to unlock. is there water in this ? if the pressure switch senses water it wont unlock the door.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will remove everything in the washer and see if that makes a difference. There is not excessive load on the lid or excessive media
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
yeah if that doesn't work the issue is the control board itself unfortunately. let me know. thanks Bryan