Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I HAVE A KENMORE REFRIG. THAT SOMEONE S

Customer Question

I HAVE A KENMORE REFRIG. THAT SOMEONE SAID IS AN "lg" APPLIANCE. OUR LIGHTS IN THE REFRIG. DROPPED DOWN AND LEFT THE LIGHTS ON ALL NIGHT, IT WAS SO HOT THAT WE HAD TO THROW EVERYTHING AWAY. I BELIEVE IT IS CALL THE REFRIG. CIRCUIT BREAKER. THE MODEL # XXXXX XXXXX SERIAL # XXXXX COULD YOU TELL ME IF IT CHEAPER TO BUY THE PART, OR GET AND NEW REFRIG.? THANK YOU. XXXXX WV
Submitted: 2 years ago via PartSelect.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

can you resend the model # ? it didn't come through.

when you say the lights dropped down how do you mean ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI BRIAN, THE # XXXXX XXXXX IT IS THE CIRCUIT BOARD, I THINK. MY BROTHER IS AN ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR THAT IS HELPING ME.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay got it ! the main control board is part # XXXXX if you need to replace this its $140.00 at the following link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/6871JB1375H/1515014?modelNumber=795.77312600 its located in the back of the refrigerator near the compressor, part # XXXXX on this diagram , is this what you needed to know ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
BRIAN, THE 2 LIGHTS IN THE FRONT OF A FRENCH DOOR REFRIGERATOR, MAYBE IT IS A BRACKET WITH THE 2 LIGHTS AND TEMPERAURE CONTROL AND TO RESET THE TEMP IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. I GUESS I DID NOT CALL IT THE RIGHT PART. DO U UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
yes , please hung on while I look that up. thanks, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
is this what your looking for ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

BRIAN, THE 2 LIGHTS IN THE FRONT OF A FRENCH DOOR REFRIGERATOR, WITH THE FREEZER ON THE BOTTOM. MAYBE IT IS A BRACKET WITH THE 2 LIGHTS AND TEMPERAURE CONTROL AND TO RESET THE TEMP IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. I GUESS I DID NOT CALL IT THE RIGHT PART. DO U UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT?

YES THIS IS IT, PLUS THE PLASTIC, CAUSE THE HOT LIGHTS MELTED IT. THANK U BRYAN

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

okay, heres the link for the light receptacle above. its called the display case. just click the blue link.

and heres the light cover.this is the link to that . lens cover hope I've been helpful. thanks Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I NEED THE WHOLE DISPLAY LIGHTS PLUS WHAT U JUST SENT ME. AND YES U WILL B PAID
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay ,you mean the digital display also? the controls?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
so you need parts # XXXXX , 503D , 503E , 503F and 503G on this diagram ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
THE LENS AND THE PICTURE THAT U SHOWED B4 WITH THE LIGHTS. IS THIS SOMETHING I CAN DO MYSELF.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
I don't see why not, its not that difficult, once the lens cover is off there are screws holding the rest and it just plugs in. should be that difficult for you to do yourself, if you called a tech they would probably charge you around $100.00 for service and labor plus the parts so if you can do this yourself it will save you a lot of money. when you get the parts you will see how it goes in.