Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I removed front and belt and ran it the noise sounds like it

I removed front and belt and ran it the noise sounds like it is coming from motor (like a huming noise gets louder then back to normal then does it over again
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

-Could you explain your situation a little more? what kind of machine is this ? do you have a make and model # ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have a whirlpool washer m:wtw58esvw1 wont fill with water but will spin
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
do you have a volt meter ? your problem could be the fill valve but you need to see if theres power going to it in fill, let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have a kenmore dryer mod#110.60936990 that when you push to start it it works only if you hold in the start button. I lift the top open and the relay#3405281 was burnt up so I replaced it AND THE SAME THING any ideas
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay the start relay was burnt? what going on is the run windings in the motor are bad, when you push start the start windings get the motor going and once its spinning the centrifugal switch takes over and it runs on the run windings. unfortunately the motor is bad and needs to be replaced. it runs around $151.00. the part # XXXXX XXXXX . sorry for the bad news. I believe this is the relay you replaced correct ?