Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore

My microwave turntable wont turn. The wheels and glass plate

My microwave turntable won't turn. The wheels and glass plate are not stuck.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 4 years ago.

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with your microwave. The turntable is driven by a small electric motor under the floor of the oven. The motor may have failed but some models have a setting to turn off the turntable for when you put in something too large to turn. Have you checked to see if the turntable is turned off? I will look up your model to see if it can be turned off.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How will i know if the turntable is turned off? Usually if an object is too large, the turntable just changes direction.

Yes, that is normal for the turntable to try to reverse if it gets stalled. I can't find the exact owners manual but the two closest ones do not show a feature for turning off the turntable. The motor has two wires going to it and is 120 volts ac motor. It would need to be tested to be 100% sure but I think the motor has failed. If you have a meter you can test for voltage and if present during operation it will need to be replaced. The Panasonic part number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN