Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Neptune Front-load washer that is about 10 years old.

I have a Neptune Front-load washer that is about 10 years old. It appears to have no power and there is a load inside that I can't get the door open to get out.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

is the soap dispenser on the top of the machine on the left side ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, the soap dispensor is on the left side. I checked the circuit breakers and no external reason why it doesn't have power. The big issue would be to get the door to open so I can get the wet clothes out.
okay, open the soap dispenser and take the 4 Phillip head screws out and remove the trim. (cover) the you need to look in the front part of the dispenser for a green florescent plastic cable. pull the cable to release the door. heres what the cable looks like. this will release the door. when you get the door open get me the model # XXXXX inside the door on the machine and I will try and look up the problem. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok. I have the door open. Many thanx. The model # XXXXX XXXXX
on this machine if you have no lights on at all the main control board has failed. this is a bit pricey, $171.00. you really should test for power to the control board before ordering it. if you get power to it and still no lights or start then the board has failed.