Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hello! My Neptune washer, after a load was put in and water

Customer Question

Hello!
My Neptune washer, after a load was put in and water filled the washer, stopped working,
the intermittent beep went off and the letters "do" showed in the panel. I thought maybe too big a load? The problem is that the door is locked and can't open it to get the load out.
Please let me know if there is a combination of buttons to press to open the locked door or by what other means can I get that load out; it has been there for 2 weeks.
The washer is about 10 years old and so far it has worked like a charm,
Than you very much,
Carlos Greaves.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

is the soap dispenser on the top of the machine on the left side? do you have a model # ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, the soap dispenser is on top left. Don't have a model #
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay there is an emergency lock release cable in the dispenser area, you need to open it and take the four screws out and lift the trim piece out there a green neon release cable in the front of the dispenser you need to pull to unlock the door. let me know when you have the door open.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, got the screws out and the trim piece, but don't see the cable, nor can I feel it around.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

its there near the front of the dispenser,

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, Bryan, I found it, pulled on it, the door opened and I got the load out. Shall I now try to use it again?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
I would try it without clothes and see if it runs. try putting it in the drain cycle. its seems this isn't draining and thats why it stopped.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Bryan,
The machine is back in seemingly working order.
Thank You ,
Carlos.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
your welcome Carlos, have a great week and thanks, Bryan