Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

How do I find out if my Kenmore Elite 106.55616400 has a r

How do I find out if my Kenmore Elite 106.55616400 has a recall?
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is Bryan,I look forward to helping you today.

let me look up your model and I'll be back in a few minutes.
I'm still looking up your info .please bare with us. be back as soon as I get the info.thanks Bryan, P.S. a few more minutes
I'm not finding your particular model # on a recall list so far. can you tell me is this making a clicking noise in the back of the refrigerator near the compressor? you may need to pull this away from the wall to tell.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It doesn't make a clicking noise. I pulled it out and checked. The freezer is cool, not freezing cold. Something tries to start about every 10 minutes. It sounds like motors/fans are running. It started with an odor-not bad food.

The odor happened about 9 months ago also. It was also as a bad taste in the ice and water. I cleaned the entire frig., pulled it out, vacummed the coils, put it back, and it went away.

Is Kenmore made by GE?

How can I find someone like you - knowledgeable, independent, doesn't have service plans, doesn't work on commission from an appliance store, and will be honest?

okay, it sounds like your compressor relay is bad, can you do any work yourself ? the relay is easy to change if you have a few tools, it just plugs onto the side of the compressor. as far as G.E. making Kenmore they make some but Kenmore is made by the lowest bidder so it can be a number of different company's. your is made by Whirlpool. I wouldn't call Sears or A&E for service on this however, they are the highest priced on the market. the best way to get someone reliable is to check your local company's and then check the BBB for complaints.