Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I have a whirlpool super capacity 465 self cleaning oven.

I have a whirlpool super capacity 465 self cleaning oven. I tried to use auto clean and keep getting the error code E1 PF. Why? what does it mean?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer ..If it seems to be taking a while..This only means I'm reviewing a solution to your problem..Are you sure it it not a F1-E1 ..Or maybe a E1-F5 Along with the PF error..? The PF error indicates a power failure has occurred.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry! It's E1 F5
Ok great thanks for that information..The E1-F5 is a doorlatch assembly failure..On this unit the locking motor to the doorlatch assembly is mounted on the back ..It has a metal rod which goes from the back to the front where the latch is located...I'm assuming you were using the self clean option when this happened..?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I said I was using the self clean option.
Sorry i missed that in your reply..If the door is latched shut..Go around back.Unplug the oven..Remove the back panel..Locate the latch motor..Disconnect the linkage from the motor..Open the door..Next you will need to replace the door latch assembly.

graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I didn't say my door was stuck, I said it won't start cleaning.
Yes...The self clean will not begin until the door latch assembly has communicated with the computer that the door is actually locked..The repair is still the same..Most likely either the micro switch or the solenoid on the latch motor is faulty...Just a note using the self clean can and will damage the computer components more so on a older unit..We advise our customers not to use the self clean..Around the holidays we receive many service calls with damaged computers due to self cleaning ..So much that we know what the problem is before even arriving at the job site..Thanks Bob

CLICK HERE FOR PART