Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

Moffat self clean oven Model MSS3050T-L3 I am unable to

Moffat self clean oven Model MSS3050T-L3 I am unable to figure out how to turn on Self Clean process?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 2 years ago.

Randy 43 :

Hi, so the stove clock has the time and 2 small dials ?

Customer:

Yes the stove clock is separate and then a start dial and an end dial. But the stove clock I cant tell if it works and does it need to be functioning to make the cleaning process start and end?

Randy 43 :

if its not working ? you would need to turn the start knob until it pops out ,at the current time that the clock is set for ? working or not..then push it in at that point

Randy 43 :

if it starts then you would need to manually time it and shut it off manually

Customer:

How do I get the clock to work?

Randy 43 :

those old ones,only way is to get it taken out and rebuilt , you cant buy them any more

Customer:

so with out the clock working I should:

Randy 43 :

at that point it costs around $200..or you can use the self clean that way manually ..

Customer:

manually turn start knob until it pops out at clock current time of 11:00pm?

Randy 43 :

yes..then push it in ,and see if it starts?

Randy 43 :

11:00 pm if that is where the clock is?

Randy 43 :

yes

Customer:

nope it s not going to work.

Randy 43 :

is the end dial still pushed in?

Randy 43 :

try it with the start dial popped out and the end dial pushed in

Customer:

the end dial i set for 2 pm is not pushed in. Im going to have to figure out tomorrow. This stove came with the house I just bought and has no manual and uses fuses. Stove and oven work well but cant get it to clean?

Randy 43 :

its in that clock , end dial has to be pushed in...start dial is out or in..but end dial has to be in

Customer:

The end dial doesnt stay pushed in. Do I push it in hard and release/ or push and turn?

Randy 43 :

push and turn a few hours ahead

Customer:

trying to get it to push and stay..

Randy 43 :

if it doesnt stay then the timer is really broken, it should stay when you push and turn

Customer:

so the main clock doesnt seem to tell correct time but is sitting at 11:00. The second dial called start is not pushed in and now the third dial stop dial is pushed in so I locked the door

Randy 43 :

does it start to clean?

Customer:

not feeling any heat but light came on on oven temp dial

Randy 43 :

give it a few minutes

Randy 43 :

door should be locked however

Customer:

door lever is locked

Randy 43 :

if lite is on it should be heating, you can still cancel it after a few minutes

Customer:

So reg clock say 11:00 and stop button is set at 3:00 and pushed in.

Customer:

light is on over temp dial. But inside oven theres no heat?

Randy 43 :

it works? if it does it wont shut off because the clock is not working ..but you can keep it on for 2-2 1/2 hrs then shut it off manually and let it cool down for a hour...or get the clock rebuilt

Randy 43 :

no heat? you let it go for a few minutes? and cancelled it?

Randy 43 :

totally cool?

Customer:

we can see inside oven and the coils are not heating

Randy 43 :

does the broil work on reg usage?

Randy 43 :

if the lite comes on it should heat, you have a problem with the clock looks like, if both elements work on reg usage

Customer:

well i guess the stop button just wont stay pushed in,,,,,

Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert